Tips for Decluttering Your Home
New homes in Victoria TX offer a clean slate when it comes to getting organized. But what if your existing home is getting too cluttered for comfort?
Take these steps to restore your sense of serenity with a clean, clutter-free home:
- First, evaluate the situation. Is the problem that you simply own too much stuff you don’t need? Or do you need to find a larger home? Whether you plan to stay in your current home or move to a new one, you’ll still want to eliminate anything that no longer fits your life.
- Your home’s entryway is probably the main drop-off point for shoes, mail, backpacks and more. If you’re greeted with an eyesore every time you enter your home, take steps to make this area more organized. Set up bins, baskets or caddies for each person to deposit their belongings. Install a row of hooks for backpacks and purses. A divided hanging rack makes a great place to sort mail for each family member.
- Kitchens often suffer from a surplus of redundant utensils, cups, and small appliances. Go through each cabinet and drawer, sorting the contents and collecting everything you no longer use. Establish an area to temporarily store unwanted items until you can donate them or have a yard sale.
- Go through your pantry and discard any outdated food or items you know you’ll never eat. If food is unopened and not expired, consider donating it to your local food bank.
- The family room can quickly become cluttered with toys, magazines, games, and pet paraphernalia. Take a day to go through everything with your family. Decide what needs to be stored or discarded. Use an attractive storage unit or shelving to organize things.
- Bedrooms are easy to let slide but hard to relax in when they’re a mess. Go through each bedroom and eliminate excess clothing, shoes, accessories, toys, and books. This is a great way for kids to learn the rewards of donating their unwanted or outgrown items to charity.
- Tackle your bathroom to get rid of expired medicines and makeup along with any other toiletries or cleaning items you no longer use. Sort through the household towels, linens, and bedding as well.
Is it time to find a larger home with more storage options? Contact Steve Klein Custom Builder today at 361-572-4101 to learn about your options for quality new homes in Victoria TX.